As much as possible, please make the effort to attend all your regular classes so you can develop with the teacher and the other students in your class.
If you are not able to attend your class, ANY absence, for ANY reason, may be utilised as a make-up class or family swim as per our absence policy.
- Make-up classes – These are scheduled classes that offer students a chance to attend a different class to ‘make-up’ for an absence in their regular class.
- Please note that only absences that have been notified at least 2 hours beforehand are entitled to a make-up class. This is because if you don’t notify that you are going to be absent, there is not the opportunity for someone else to do a make-up in your place. Similarly, if someone else doesn’t notify that they’re going to be away you can’t book a make-up in their place. The ability to offer make-ups only works when absences are notified beforehand.
- When you notify of an absence before hand, it notes it down in the system and makes your absence available for someone else to book as a make-up class. Once the date of your notified absence has passed, a ‘Make-up token’ will be created for you. ‘Make-up tokens’ are valid for 28 days. Anytime in that 28 days, you can log-in to your client portal and book a make-up class. There is no maximum number of make-up tokens that you can create or redeem. Once a make-up token has been used it cannot be rescheduled or cancelled, ie. you cannot make-up a make-up.
- Any vacancy in a class is released as a make-up class a day in advance. So you can look in your portal anytime and see the make-ups that are available for that day and the next day, and book something in. Please note that we are unable to guarantee that a make-up will be available at at a time that you can do. It is luck-of-the-draw with the times that make-ups are available.
- To book a make-up, go to ‘My Account’ https://app.iclasspro.com/portal/healthways/account, click ‘Makeups’ for the student, and follow the prompts.
- Family Swims – This option offers students a chance to come to the pool and practice their swimming skills with their family. Two adults and up to three children can go for a casual swim at any time when the pool is available. There is no maximum number of family swims that can be used per term/intensives. Family swims are valid until the end of the following term’s holidays. Eg. An absence in Term 1 may be redeemed as a family swim until the end of the holidays after Term 2. To redeem your family swim, simply come in and tell the receptionist you want to use a ‘family swim’ for a missed swim lesson. They will mark your absence on the computer to show you’ve come in for a family swim.