As of 12.00pm 23/03/20, please note that as per current government instructions requiring the closing of all gyms, indoor sports centres & entertainment venues in Australia, handed down on Sunday night by Scott Morrison in a press conference, Healthways gym, swim school, pool and bowling lanes have closed.
As of 5.00pm 24/03/20, we have also clarified that the School Holiday Program will not be running this Mar/Apr school holidays either. While there is scope to provide care to children of people who work in essential services, it has become clear that the landscape has been very difficult to navigate and in the face of the rest of the centre closing, the school holiday program is not running either.
As per previous communications, we would like to reassure all families that we will honour any services you have paid for, as per the following:
Gym & Fitness Facilities:
- Re: Memberships. All gym memberships will be put on automatic suspension, and will recommence once we are able to open again.
- Re: 10 visit cards. Ten visit cards don’t have an expiry date on them, so you’ll be able to use them once we are able to open again.
- If you have missed a class this term – You will be able to do unlimited make-up classes at a future date. To give you lots of flexibility, we have extended the time for everyone to do any make-up classes until the end of the year.
- If any classes are cancelled due to temporary business closure – You will receive a full credit for any services that can’t be delivered. There is no expiry date for this credit. You’ll be able to use it anytime in the future, towards any purchase at the centre.
- If any bookings are cancelled due to temporary business closure – We are offering postponement without penalty for all bookings. Any amount that you’ve paid will sit as credit. You’ll be able to use it anytime in the future, towards any purchase at the centre.
School Holiday Program:
- If any bookings are cancelled due to temporary business closure – We are offering postponement without penalty for all bookings. Any amount that you’ve paid will sit on your account as credit. You’ll be able to use it anytime in the future, towards any purchase at the centre.
- The dance classes are run by Momentum Arts Studio. They are offering full credit for any classes you’ve paid for. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- The karate classes are run by Evolution Martial Arts Studio. They are offering full credit for any classes you have paid for. Contact them on 0425817758 for further information.
Thank you for being part of the Healthways family. Let us all respond to this evolving situation thoughtfully, stay calm and not panic; and in the Australian tradition let us all look out for each other, support each other, and we will get through this together.
To receive updates as they happen, or for any other enquiries, please email us at email@example.com.
In the meantime, it’s times like these when we are reminded of just how amazing our staff, clients, students and community are. Our staff remain positive and passionate, and we’re all looking forward to seeing you back in the future. Thank you for your support.
Theresa Stewart (Operations Manager)
Nina Simcocks (Centre Manager)
Mark Simcocks (Director)