Child minding service while you use our facilities.
We’ll keep your children happy and cared for while you use our facilities!
- Do you want to feel healthier and fitter by coming to the gym, but you need someone to look after your children?
- Do you want to participate in your child’s swimming lesson, but you need someone to look after your other children?
We offer child minding! Our supervised playroom is located on the first floor and has a fabulous array of toys and activities to keep babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers happy and cared for. Newcomers are very welcome.
- Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 9.00am-12.00noon
- Age: 6 weeks (and after their 6 week medical checkup) to Preschoolers
2013: $5.00 per child per session FREE for gym members.
What you need to know:
- The Carers: Margaret and Lyn have cared for children in our playroom for 12 years and have seen lots of children grow up. They are dedicated to their roles and organise lots of fun activities for the children to do throughout the year.
- Bookings: You do not need to pre-book your children. The first time they come to the playroom you simply fill out an enrolment form, and then every time you visit the playroom you sign them in and out. You will need your payment receipt or your membership card with you when you sign them in.
- Sickness: In fairness to other children and the carers, please do not bring your child to the centre if he/she is sick or has recently had an infectious disease – including a cold.
- Introducing your child to the playroom: New children to the playroom can take a few visits before settling in. If your child does not settle you may be collected from your activity within the centre. Be patient – most children settle in and then don’t want to leave.
- School aged children: School aged children are not permitted in the playroom. However, during school holidays, school age children may join the activities being run by the School Holiday Program. Booking is required for this program. Maximum time is 1.5hrs. Parents must remain on the premises. Activities include ten pin bowling, swimming, art & craft, and more! CLICK HERE for more information about the School Holiday Program.
$10.00 per child per session
- Reminder to new Mothers: Please note that mothers returning to exercise after child birth must have medical clearance prior to commencement of an exercise program. Thank you.
- Conditions of use:
- Parents may not leave the premises while their children are being cared for in the playroom.
- Maximum time in the playroom is 1.5 hrs per visit.
- Our service does not include feeding babies.
- Our service does not include changing nappies for children over 12 months. Please ensure that nappies are clean at the time of drop-off.
The activities your child can enjoy include:
- Toys, toys, toys – incl.:
- Building blocks
- Soft toys
- Cutting and pasting
- Card making
- Play dough
- Easter and Christmas activities
- TV (if desired)
What to bring:
Please supply your child with the following items:
- A small snack and drink.
- A favourite toy, dummy, blanket may be brought to the playroom to help your child feel more comfortable.
- If your child’s time in the playroom is close to their nap time, please bring their stroller with them to enable them to have a sleep.
- Please label all items brought into the playroom, including cups, bottles, food containers and bags.
What NOT to bring:
These items are not to be brought to the playroom:
- Any type of nuts or nut products, including peanut butter.
- Chewing gum or sultanas.
- Too much food. A small snack and drink is sufficient.