Teen Exercise Options
Research shows that if good exercise habits are introduced at a young age, there is a reduced risk of developing health problems later in life. So, to help teens develop good exercise habits we offer the following options:
Teen Gym Classes (For 12-17yr olds)
These fully supervised gym sessions aim to introduce and teach teenagers the benefits of exercise and fitness training with the correct techniques, in a supervised, safe and fun environment. The participants learn about warming up, warming down and the proper use of weights and the cardio equipment such as the treadmill, steppers and bikes. Regarding the use of weights, it is very important that growing bodies do not lift weights incorrectly or weights that are too heavy for their body mass. Participants will be instructed in the correct use of the weight equipment.
- Mondays: 4.30-5.30 pm
- Wednesdays: 4.30-5.30 pm
- Fridays: 4.30-5.30 pm
Some sessions will cover circuit training and aerobic exercise, while maintaining an emphasis on the individuals’ personal program. There will also be opportunities for inside/outside sessions on the warmer days.
Benefits of Teen Gym:
We have found that teenagers can use this activity to enhance participation in their current sport, as an aid to fitness between sporting seasons, or for those individuals who do not participate in a regular sporting activity. Teen Gym is tailored to suit any level of fitness. It’s safe, instructive and lots of fun.
- Term membership includes fitness assessment, written program and any program changes.
- Participants may only access the gym during allotted session times.
- Towel and drink bottle are needed for each session.
- Participants are expected to arrive early to begin at 4.30 pm sharp.
2013: Pay as you go: $20.00 per session
$64.00 Assessment and written program
Pay per 10 week block: $200.00 for 10 week membership, including school holidays* within that 10 week.
* Except the period from last day 4th school term through beginning of 1st term following year. Our usual Christmas/New Year ammended timetable applies here. Membership expiry dates are adjusted accordingly to compensate for this time.
10 Week Membership Benefits include:
- Three classes per week for the price of one! Start any time.
- Fitness assessment and written program with a personal trainer upon commencement of your membership.
Phone 9895 2300 to enrol in these classes.
Group Exercise Classes (For 14+ yr olds)
Once teenagers are 14 years old, they can join any of the group exercise classes that we offer during the week.
Gym Memberships (For 16+ yr olds)
Once teenagers are 16 years old, they can obtain a full gym membership and use any of the gym and fitness facilities in their own time.
Have a look through what else we offer:
- For more information About the Gym CLICK HERE.
- For more information on Gym memberships CLICK HERE.
- For more information on Personal Training CLICK HERE.
- For more information on Group Exercise Classes CLICK HERE.
- For more information on Exercise Options for over 50′s CLICK HERE.
Still not sure what to do?
Are you still unsure about what to do? To show you that our gym is comfortable for all – including people who have never come to a gym before – we encourage you to come in and try the facilities with a complimentary trial passes. CLICK HERE for more information.